Jay E. Cherry is a retired FBI Special Agent with over 29 years of experience in a broad range of investigative areas and extensive training in polygraph, interview, verbal and non-verbal communication and investigation. He holds a Master’s degree in Spanish language and literature and is a fluent Spanish-speaker with extensive travel experience throughout the world and an intimate knowledge and appreciation for foreign cultures.
- Current Illinois polygraph certification in Detection of Deception
- Current federal polygraph certification
- Current American Polygraph Association (APA) Full Member
- Current on all continuing education requirements for federal and APA certification
- Post-Conviction Sex Offender Testing (PCSOT) Certified
- Graduate of New Agent Class of 1991 of the FBI Academy, Quantico , VA
- Graduate of the Department of Defense Polygraph Institute (DoDPI), currently known as the National Center for Credibility Assessment (NCCA).
- Conducted thousands of federal, state, and local polygraph exams involving a wide variety of complex criminal matters, counterintelligence, applicants, personnel security and witness security
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish Teaching, University of Northern Iowa
- Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature, University of Iowa
- Fully bilingual (speaking, reading, writing) in Spanish
- Experienced English/Spanish translator/interpreter
- Federally certified instructor of interview and non-verbal communication
- Extensive FBI training in polygraph techniques, interview, verbal and non-verbal communication, statement analysis and criminal investigations
Links to articles related to Jay E. Cherry: